The Mission of Ohana Weight Loss Challenge is to encourage and support the community to attain and maintain a healthy, successful lifestyle.
OHANA WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE general rules
- Participants must be age 14 (with parent consent) or older with a BMI of 26% or higher. ALWAYS CONSULT YOUR HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONAL BEFORE MAKING ANY SIGNIFICANT CHANGES TO YOUR DIETARY HABITS OR YOUR PHYSICAL ACTIVITY ROUTINES.
- No refunds, for any reason.
- For health reasons, participants will receive credit for a maximum weight loss of 6% of their body weight per week. If the scale reads more than 6% of loss, we will record only the 6% for your loss. If you miss a week, we will record a loss of only up to 12% of your body weight (6% per week).
- Weigh-ins are private and confidential. We will publicly share the percentages of weight loss of only the top Teams and Individuals. Results for the final three weigh-ins will not be posted publicly.
- All participants will weigh in every Friday during the contest at Ohana Wellness Center. There are no alternative weigh-in locations, days or times during the contest.
- Participants must weigh in at least 6 of the 8 weigh-ins to be eligible for prizes.
- To be eligible for weekly incentive prizes, participants must have weighed in the week prior to the awarding.
- Participants must conduct their first weigh-in no later than Week 2.
- Weigh-ins may take place with or without other teammates.
- No disrobing or “loading up” allowed during weigh-ins. Remove heavy watches, belts, wallets, etc., before stepping on the scale. T-shirts and shorts are recommended for weigh-ins. No shoes during weigh-ins, except for medical reasons.
- No weight-loss surgeries within the two weeks prior to the start of the contest or during the contest.
- We will add participants' email address to our distribution list to communicate about OWLC. You must check your email regularly for OWLC updates.
- Use of Ohana Wellness Center gym equipment is limited to current Ohana patients.
- Grand Prizes will be presented to the top finishers in each of the three categories as follows:
- Top man: Up to $1,000 in cash*
- Top woman: Up to $1,000 in cash*
- Top two-person team: Up to $500 in cash per person*
- The Top Ten finishers in the Individual Man, Individual Woman, and Team categories will receive a prize in cash, products, or services, for a total of up to $7,500 in cash and prizes.* Up to $2,500 in Midpoint and Weekly prizes will also be awarded. Number of winners and cash amounts to be determined in the final weeks of the contest.*
* Listed prize amounts are based on a minimum of 200 registered participants.
- Prizes of products or services are not transferrable and may not be redeemed for cash.
- Cash prize amounts will be calculated based on the total fees collected into the jackpot over the course of the contest.
- The final result for an eligible Individual is calculated using the participant's weights at Initial Weigh-In and Final Weigh-In to determine the overall weight-loss percentage. Participant must be active and paid-up in the contest on the Final Weigh-In date (11/16/18) by 8 p.m.
- Winning Teams are determined by the sum of the two teammates’ weight-loss percentages (Initial Weigh-In to Final Weigh-In). If a teammate is disqualified for any reason, that teammate's weight-loss percentage is recorded as zero.
- Prizes will be given to only the teammates on a Team who are still active and paid-up in the contest as of the final weigh-in. Any winning Team’s teammates who are not active and paid-up in the contest on the Final Weigh-In date (11/16/18) by 8 p.m. will forfeit their share of the prize. Forfeited prizes will remain with Ohana Family Foundation, a 501(c)(3) charitable organization.
- Winners are solely responsible for applicable taxes, fees, and duties. All federal, state, and local taxes apply. Prizes of $600 or more are reported to the Internal Revenue Service as additional income received. Winners will be required to complete a form W-9 to claim prizes.
- It is possible to win a team prize and an individual prize.
- In the event of a tie, the prize will be split equally.
- These rules and guidelines may be updated and/or changed, as necessary, by OWLC organizers.
Ohana Weight Loss Challenge is a program of Ohana Family Foundation, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.