In even minor car accidents, thousands of pounds of pressure can be exerted onto the supporting tissues of the spine and neck. This can result in stretching and tearing the soft tissues, ligaments, and vertebral discs. The force can disrupt the spine's joints, causing spinal shifting, instability, and misalignment. A chiropractic doctor is the expert of choice for diagnosing and managing these injuries.
If you were involved in even a minor car accident, chiropractic care could prevent chronic pain that can take months or years to heal. Here are 5 more reasons personal injury victims should see a chiropractor:
1. Reveal Injuries. Aside from obvious injuries like broken bones and cuts, you may have suffered other injuries without realizing it. Chiropractors do a full-body evaluation that can determine whether issues exist that an x-ray can't catch, such as whiplash and ligament and muscle tears.
2. Diagnose Whiplash. Even small collisions cause whiplash. It could take hours or days to feel the symptoms, such as dizziness, headaches, soreness, or pain in the upper back, lower back, or neck. If you were involved in a car accident, don't wait until you feel pain to seek treatment.
3. Avoid Surgery. Waiting too long after a car accident to seek treatment may leave you with surgery as your only option. Chiropractic care is an excellent alternative to surgery. Non-invasive chiropractic adjustments realign the spine and joints, significantly reducing pain and promoting healing.
4. Avoid Drugs. Pain medication masks the symptoms of injury rather than healing the root cause. Chiropractic care offers pain relief without the use of drugs or medications.
5. Reduce Pain and Inflammation. When you're involved in a car accident, micro-tears in the ligaments and muscles cause painful inflammation, and an x-ray won't reveal soft tissue injuries. A chiropractic adjustment realigns the spine and releases endorphins that reduce pain and inflammation throughout the body.
If you've been injured in an accident, we can help. Call us today at 310.830.1766 to talk about how we can get you back on track to the life you love! MORE INFORMATION